I was kind of excited and nervous last night. My sleeping pattern is again whacked out completely. I went to bed at about 9:30, woke up at 1am, couldn't get to sleep till around 4, and it didn't feel like I slept at all. I managed to get myself out of bed however, and got myself off to work.
I got there WAYYY too early. Like... 7:45. Better than being late I suppose. Had myself too much breakfast, and went in. There was a lot of talk about harrasment, bullying and discrimination. Also a heap about privacy legislation. A lot of the privacy stuff I'd actually covered in the last semester of uni. It turns out that an IS subject actually has some use in the real world. So... we learnt what we're meant and not meant to do to uphold the privacy principles, and other similar things. There were even things like an (Non Disclosure Agreement) NDA and stuff about insider trading etc. Basically we're not supposed to get involved with share trading when we know something others don't.
Normally I don't eat much for breakfast or lunch. But today I ate too much. I think my tummy expanded. The reason for this is because I have relatives who own a little cafe near the place I work. They stuffed me with such a big breakfast that I couldn't even finish lunch. Not the best feeling ever.
After lunch... proceedures and things like that. Just working it all out in theory and what we're MEANT to do in certain situations and how not to offend people and stuff. Yeah, pretty self-explanatory. Or maybe not, but I'm not supposed to say.
Tomorrow we're meant to do stuff on the system, see how it works, that sort of thing. Should be fun/exciting.
I also realised again today, how boring public transport can be. If theres nobody to talk to, all I do is stare out the window. I finally understand why people want to buy ipods and the sort. Its fair enough I suppose. Gives you some form of entertainment on the trip. What I can't stand is people who blare it out so loud that the people sitting next to you can hear the things you're playing even if you've got earphones plugged in. How can one be that deaf and not use a hearing aid?
Another thing I noticed is how I've changed since taking public transport however many years ago. Started off as a high school student... changed to uni student, and now working. I guess I'm still a uni student, but its mainly the dress code. Do you think that other people who take the bus notice that you change over the years? I think I've changed a lot, and I think it'd be easy to notice. But I don't really know anyone on my bus who's actually gone through as dramatic changes as I have, so I haven't actually noticed anyone else on the bus changing that much. There are quite a few regulars in peak time, usually an older generation who've been working the whole time I've been at school and uni. Whether they notice the people around them is a different matter.
There was actually an article about that in the age the other day. It was about how individuals seems to isolate themselves in places such as public transport with technology. So things such as iPods and cd players inhibit the social interaction between people, and that maybe one day, we'll see different compartments of a train for people who want to talk and those who don't. Personally, I think the writer was taking it a little too far. Nobody talks on public transport anyway, and some of the time, it's pretty obvious why. If theres a guy who looks drunk, homeless, smells, and goes:
"*mumble mumble* FUCK *mumble mumble* KILL *mumble mumble* FUCK"
then I'd fully understand why. I'm sure we've all seen it before.
1 comment:
ahh against popular belief you can actually be that deaf and not wearing hearing aids ali...selective deafness!! i should know i suffer from it..just ask anne!!
your relative's cafe sounds really nice!!
cheers,
[helga][jeanz]
Post a Comment